Conference planning can be stressful. While you’re wading through endless checklists and last minute mishaps, it can be hard to make sure you’re on track. Don’t worry, these great event apps have come to the rescue! We’ve put together a list of 10 apps that every event planner needs to stay afloat.
- Evernote You have some cool ideas and a great team ready to get busy, but delegation and execution can be tough. Think of this app as your mobile filing cabinet; organize your venue research notes, coordinate travel itineraries, and quickly share notes with members of your team. Sync this app across multiple devices to ensure that no man (or file) is left behind.
2. Eventbrite If you use Eventbrite as your ticketing provider, go paperless and speed up the check-in process! Integrate your check-in system with your mobile device or tablet and avoid the mess of managing multiple guest lists. The Eventbrite App can quickly scan barcodes at the door and provide the most up-to-date list. Create a seamless process, delighting your attendees with the ease of getting in the door.
3. Bizzabo– Event planning is like a juggling act, balancing multiple elements of a conference at once. Here at Bizzabo We are really good at this (literally)! Use the Bizzabo platform to give your attendees a mobile agenda, networking capabilities, all while generating social buzz around your event. Take charge of your event by sending out real-time announcements for any changes and keep attendees engaged throughout the event.
4. Heytell– Communication with your team is key for running your event smoothly, so being in touch at all times is necessary. Blend old school cool with new school tech with Heytell, an app that turns your smartphone into a walkie-talkie. When you need something even snappier than texting or email, get the app, choose a contact and start talking. Over!
5. ScannerPro– Cut out the clutter and stop worrying about keeping track of receipts and papers when organizing your next event with an app like ScannerPro. This system allows you to scan documents with a snapshot, convert them to PDFs and email them right away.
6. Dropbox – You already have all your guest lists, photos, notes and other important documents synced across your devices. Now, you just need a storage space to keep everything organized and accessible to your team. Store all your paperless goodies with Dropbox to access it from any device and even edit on the spot.
7. Hootsuite – There is going to be tons of tweeting, posting, liking, and checking in during your event. To easily manage all your social channels, use Hootsuite to create streams and stay up to speed with the buzz surrounding the event content. Schedule posts in advance to allow time to manage the other aspects of your event.
8. 24me– Managing real life and conference life can be overwhelming. An app like 24me can help you manage your day-to-day responsibilities outside of the workplace with a smart calendar and automated to-do list. Reminders to pay your bills and wish your Aunt Martha a Happy Birthday can be real life-savers, especially when you’re super stressed with an event around the corner.
9. Asana– You can’t do it all alone, and having your A team to assist you is essential to running a flawless event. Easily assign tasks to your team members with Asana. Keep track of all the details and orchestrate teamwork directly from your phone while creating a good workflow amongst those assisting you.
10.Super Planner– Nothing is worse than an overcrowded venue, a bar that goes dry after 20 minutes or exceeding a budget due to overstaffing. Super Planner offers calculators for venue capacity, staffing, and catering to avoid these kinds of issues. Use this app to stay on budget and execute all the details to perfection.
Do you have a favorite app that helps you plan events? Used any of the apps we included in our list? Let us know what you think in the comments!